Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement
We at Lhaki cement are committed to continual improvement in health, safety and welfare of all its employees and those under its influence in the neighbourhood and community at large. We recognise its moral and legal responsibilities under occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
To achieve this goal during duty hours, we will:
- Provide a safe and healthy work place and working conditions for all, including employees, contractors, customers and visitors
- Provide training to enable all employees to work safely
- Provide adequate resources to aid employees in fulfilling their responsibilities during duty hours
- Consult with staffs and contractors where relevant to enhance the effectiveness of procedures
- Comply with all relevant legislation and industry standards
- Provide support and assistance to employees
- Conduct investigations to all reported incidents
- Ensure that proper work programme is in place
- Conduct regular review and evaluations of the health and safety system in place
- Committed to the continual improvement of our occupational health and safety performance through effective objectives, targets and programmes
- Working towards a culture of safety and accident- free work place at all times.
Employees are expected to do:
While at work, all employees irrespective of their position will:
- Take reasonable care to ensure that good health and safety procedures are implemented at all times
- Identify and support measures to eliminate or minimise unsafe working conditions
- Assume personal responsibility of their own safety and for other working colleagues by always operating in a safe manner.
- Encourage other workers to work in a healthy and safe manner
- Report or rectify any unsafe conditions that comes to their attention
- Always keep the records of daily performance and submit to the sectional heads.